Attorney Profile - H. William "Bill" Sams, Jr.
Emory University, Atlanta Georgia; BA degree in 1961, University of Georgia School of Law; graduated in 1964 with Juris Doctor degree.
- Admitted to practice in the state of Georgia in 1963.
- Admitted to practice before the Court of Appeals and Supreme Court of Georgia in 1964.
- Admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Southern District of Georgia in 1965.
- Admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States of America in 1968.
- Elected to the Georgia House of Representatives in November 1974; served two terms. Served on the Judiciary Committee, Rules Committee and Reapportionment Committee.
- Named Outstanding Young Man in Georgia in 1975.
- Served on the Executive Committee of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia.
- Served as Chairman of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia 1999 - 2000.
- Recipient of the Highest Award given by the Family Law Section (The Jack Turner Award) in 2003, for contributions to the Family Law Section.
- Served as Judge of Juvenile Court for the Augusta Judicial Circuit, 2004 - 2008.